By DCF Secretary David Wilkins
We just unveiled a new logo and website. The theme emphasizes “My Florida Families,” focusing on strengthening families and communities.
But it’s not just our logo that has changed. For the past few years, our agency has been changing for the better in so many ways.
- We’ve created report cards to make sure foster children are getting the school and social opportunities that are key to their development.
- An emphasis has been placed on abuse prevention. We are better educating parents and helping families stay together.
- We’ve empowered front-line staff, like protective investigators, with resources and training to keep families safe.
- We’ve formed partnerships with more than 1,000 businesses who want to help Floridians. They are providing everything from haircuts and car maintenance for foster kids to medical care and resources for Florida’s most needy.
- We’ve streamlined processes to reduce duplication, which means saved tax dollars and more resources for critical frontline workers.
Be sure to check out our new website at www.MyFLFamilies.com. In addition to a nice facelift, there are many new functions:
- Searchable map of services in your area, including mental health treatment, community partner locations to apply for assistance and child care facilities.
- The ability to sign up for automatic email and text alerts. Subscribers can choose to be notified about updates and news from specific program areas.
- Interactive online newsroom and videos highlighting special initiatives and events.
- Ability for faster updates so the site will always have the most up-to-date, cutting-edge topics concerning Florida families.
- An easy-to-use mobile site so you can get the info you need on the go.
We’re excited to have an identity that is more in line with our services and a website that will better meet the needs of Floridians. Take a look at the website at www.MyFLFamilies.com for more info.